1. A good quality hat. Preferably one that keeps the sun off your head without making you look like you’ve stepped back into Primary School. Think soft, wool-covered fedora styles. With the pastel trend in at the moment, why not try a dusty blue or pink coloured one? It can easily provide a pop of colour.
2. Stripes. Whether it’s in the form of a striped dress, skirt, top or all of the above, stripes are certainly in and here to stay. Spring is the perfect time for mixing and matching prints, so why not mix a striped skirt with a spotted top? OR, if you want to be a little unusual, try mixing different coloured stripes such as navy and white or even a brighter colour.
3. A small shoulder bag. The beauty about spring is that it is a season where you can get away with wearing fewer layers. This means the same for your handbag. Time to ditch the big, bulky one you have now and swap it for a cute little shoulder bag. Purchase a few in different colours so you can alternate them depending on what look you’re going for.
4. A structured blazer. Perfect for wearing on cooler days or evenings, and light enough so that you can tie it around your waist or drape over your shoulders. If you already own a basic black one, why not opt for an all-white style?
5. A mid-length skirt. On trend and in fashion at the moment, a mid-length skirt is definitely a spring must have. Perfect for styling with a cropped tee or lightweight knit, add a pair of ankle boots or mules and you’re good to go.
6. A white pair of denim jeans. Yes, it’s Spring, but it isn’t quite warm enough for those pins to come out. On cooler days or evenings, style a pair of white denim jeans with a chambray shirt and blazer. You could even roll up the hem on the jeans to provide the perfect cropped look.
Follow my 6 Spring Wardrobe Essentials guide, and you too will feel and look glorious!
Head to http://www.outincanberra.com.au/articles/6springwardrobeessentials to see more of my work