London is calling my name! Literally, I can hear it beckoning me to its wonderful city full of beautiful sights, food, and of course, fashion. After hearing this beckoning call I decided why not, and booked myself a flight! Considering I love all things London and the UK, I thought it would be perfect to do a post on some of my favourite places to visit whilst in this incredible city.
Now, if I had to pick my favourite area in London, without a doubt it would be Notting Hill in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. Cosmopolitan Notting Hill captures everyone with its unique charm. It has a very chic appearance and has blossomed into one of London's most desirable areas. Head to Notting Hill for some exquisite food, unbelievable fashion and even celeb spotting- last time I was there I spotted Olivia Palermo and almost died of excitement.
- Granger & Co- Opened by Chef, Bill Granger, this is seriously one restaurant in Notting Hill you must visit. This sleek establishment is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner and is uber classy. I recommend going for weekend brunch, maybe more than once- there are so many delicious food options.
Details: 175 Westbourne Grove, Notting Hill
- Electric Diner- This incredibly attractive restaurant is adjacent to one of the oldest cinemas in London and has the perfect bar setting. Check this place out after you've seen a movie next door, as this Diner is all about unfussy combinations mixed with a booth and bar setting.
Details: 191 Portobello Road, Notting Hill
- Ottolenghi- This is the perfect place for those that are on the go, but want a quick takeaway lunch or dessert. As soon as you step foot in this cute store, you'll be blown away by all of its beautiful dishes- think luxurious salads and decedent pastries. I was here every day without fail!
Details: 63 Ledbury Road, Notting Hill
- 202 London- This establishment brings fashion, retail and modern eating together with its part clothing part food store. Sitting in the centre of West London's most stylish shopping streets, Westbourne Grove, 202 serves a blend of world food, modern bistro essentials and diner classics.
Details: 202 Westbourne Grove, Notting Hill
- Beach Blanket Babylon- Oh. My. God. Those were literally the first words that came out of my mouth when I entered this bar/restaurant. BBB provides an experience not just out of the ordinary, but extraordinary. You have to see it for yourself- words cannot do it justice. Head here for drinks and check out their extensive drink menu. Also, a few scenes from Made in Chelsea have been filmed here!
Details: 45 Ledbury Road, Notting Hill
- The Ladbroke Arms- If you're looking for a bar to head to on the weekend, then definitely go to The Ladbroke Arms. This charming pub is set in an incredibly beautifully residential area. There is a unique quality to this pub that will make you want to return again and again!
Details: 54 Ladbroke Grove, Notting Hill
- Gate Notting Hill- Looking for an underground bar setting? Then look no further then Gate, Notting Hill. This part restaurant part bar is perfect for those wanting to immerse themselves amongst a cosmopolitan crowd. Theres also an extensive cocktail selection!
Details: 87 Notting Hill Gate, Notting Hill
- The Prince Bonaparte- One of my favourite places for a drink, The Prince Bonaparte has a beautiful country style setting with extreme elegance. There's an open fire and extensive wine list. A perfect place on a Sunday afternoon.
Details: 80 Chepstow Road, Notting Hill
- Portobello Road Markets- One cannot visit Notting Hill and not head to the Portobello Road Market! Held every Saturday, this market is my absolute favourite. From fresh produce, to fashion, to antiques- it has everything. Definitely dedicate an entire day to visit, you won't regret it. I recommend starting at the Notting Hill Gate tube station end, and making your way down the street.
- Joseph- This store is absolutely to die for! If you're a true fashionista like me then you'll be heading to this store on more than one occasion. Under the creative direction of Louise Trotter, Joseph presents a high contemporary ready-to-wear collection with a strong core of luxury essentials. Head to this store for structured styles and classic cuts.
Details: 236 Westbourne Grove, Notting Hill
- Matches- If you haven't heard of Matches Fashion, then you're about to be introduced to a whole new world of designer fashion. This store has it all: Kenzo, Isabel Marant, Celine- you name it, they have it!
Details: 60-64 Ledbury Road, Notting Hill
- Aime- This is the store where I bought my Isabel Marant Bobbies from, and I'm so glad that I did! The staff here a super sweet, and the store is equally amazing. This French multi-brand store stocks Parisian labels, and is uber chic.
Details: 34 Ledbury Road, Notting Hill
These are my top picks, however there are so many more places to see and enjoy in Notting Hill, you'll definitely need to dedicate a few days to explore the area.